The Energy and Petroleum Regulatory Authority (EPRA) has closed 16 petrol stations for selling adulterated fuel in the country.
The authority carried out its inspection during the period of October-December, where a total of 5,574 tests were conducted at 1,151 petroleum sites.
From the tests, 98.61 percent of the sites were compliant while 16 sites were found to be non-compliant.
On Wednesday, the authority released a list of 16 stations that would be closed with immediate effect.
1. Riva Petroleum Service Station Murang’a Road
2. Wedewo Filling Station Homabay
3. Otila Filling Station Homabay
4. Nyang’inja Filling Station in Oyugis
5. Triple M filling station Meru
6. National Oil Kianjai Meru
7. Safe Line filling station Nakuru
6. Gumi filling station Marsabit
9. Benedicto Awich filling station Migori
10. Okay Maybe Machakos
11. National Oil Kutus
12. Labos Baringo
13. Total Membley
14. New City Lamu
15. Ngare Ngara Lamu
16. Ajab filling station Kilifi.
Most of the closed stations were selling petroleum-contaminated with kerosene.