Kapseret Member of Parliament Oscar Sudi has made damning claims about plans to stop Deputy President William Ruto from vying in 2022 using the International Criminal Court (ICC).

On Tuesday, Sudi said police officers had been sent to Eldoret to collect files on the 2007 post-election violence.


Below is Sudi's statement

"Plans to stop William Ruto Using ICC. Last year, I told you of the evil schemes crafted by William Ruto's political enemies with the aim of stopping him from running for office. Nancy Gitau and Solicitor General with the help of their master are the architects of this evil scheme.

They began by sending three Police Officers to Eldoret Central Police Station to pick files recorded during post-election violence 2007/8. They also sent the former OCPD Eldoret (2007/8) Mr Titus Karuri to the Hague with the motive still unknown.

They have now sent Lawyer Paul Gicheru to surrender himself to ICC. All these plans are done subsequently with the aim to revive the ICC case against Deputy President William Ruto.

This is what that self-declared government mouthpiece Francis Atwoli referred to when he claimed that William Ruto will not be on the ballot come 2022. Unfortunately, you cannot separate the two ICC cases both for DP Ruto and the one for President Uhuru Kenyatta the cases remain inseparable. I wish to tell them that we are not scared about these evil schemes, we know each and every detail of their secret plan to tame William Ruto. We believe we have God on our side, let them bring it on."

This comes barely a day after lawyer Paul Gicheru has surrendered to the International Criminal Court (ICC) pursuant to a warrant of arrest issued against him on March 10, 2015.

“Today, 2 November 2020, Mr Paul Gicheru surrendered to the authorities of The Netherlands pursuant to an arrest warrant issued by Pre-Trial Chamber II of the International Criminal Court,” reads the statement from ICC.