Jubilee Party will not field a candidate in the forthcoming by-election in Msambweni constituency.
On Wednesday, September 2020, Jubilee Secretary General Raphael Tuju announced that the decision by the party adding that the move to not participate was also informed by the recent advisory by Chief Justice David Maraga to dissolve Parliament.
"... the decision not to engage in the contest is informed by the facts prevailing at the moment when we face challenges like the recent advisory by the Chief Justice that parliament should be dissolved," the statement read in part.
According to the statement by Mr Tuju, the decision to not field a candidate was also influenced due to the ODM-Jubilee corporation and since the seat was previously held by the late Suleiman Dora who was an ODM candidate.
The Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission (IEBC) said the by-election which was postponed in April will be held under strict COVID-19 regulations.
In a statement, the electoral body said by-elections of Ward representatives for Kahawa Wendani, Kisumu North, Dabaso, Wundanyi and Lake View Ward in Nakuru will also be held on December 15.
IEBC Chairman Wafula Chebukati has asked candidates intending to vie for the positions to adhere to the Ministry of Health’s protocols on the containment of COVID-19 during campaigns and the actual by-elections.