The Ministry of Health has expressed concern that a second wave of corona virus could be more detrimental to the country.

Speaking on Saturday, Health Services acting Director-General, Patrick Amoth said the country could flatten the corona curve in the next two weeks.

He, however, noted that he is more worried by the second wave of the virus as it is more dangerous since it cuts across all age groups.

Dr Amoth, however, noted that the second wave is yet to hit the country.

“There is no second wave in the country but when it strikes, there will definitely be an emergency going by what we are witnessing in other countries. No one will be spared.

 “Whether we announce the infections or deaths daily is not anything to worry about but we should be more concerned about the second wave. This will be more dangerous,” he said as quoted by Nation.


Corona numbers in the country

Meanwhile, the Ministry on Saturday announced that 164 people had tested positive for the virus bringing the total number of cases to 37,871.

So far, 536, 601 samples have been tested in the country since March. According to the ministry, 689 people have succumbed to the virus so far.