Easter is the biggest Christian celebration of the year, with millions of faithful around the world gathering to mark the resurrection of Christ.
Data released by Spotify on Thursday, April 6 shows Kenyans have been soundtracking their days leading up to the Easter weekend.
According to the data from Spotify, 18-35-year-olds streamed gospel songs mostly released in the 2010s.
Topping the list is Zabron Singers with Mkono Wa Bwana and their 2020 wedding song release, Sweetie Sweetie. Reuben Kigame’s Enda Nasi came in third on the most playlisted song.
Here are the top ten most streamed songs on Spotify;
- Mkono Wa Bwana - Zabron Singers
- Sweetie Sweetie - Zabron Singers
- Enda Nasi - Reuben Kigame, Sifa Voices
- Ebenezer - Angela Chibalonza
- Huyu Yesu - Mercy Masika
- Moyo Wangu - Patrick Kubuya
- Naomba - Adawnage
- Uwezo - Adawnage
- Bila Jasho - Timeless Noel, Jabidii
- Mwema - Mercy Masika
- Zaidi - Mercy Masika
- Nikupendeze - Mercy Masika
- Amenitengeneza - Martha Mwaipaja
- Ni Wikite Magegania - Sammy Irungu
- Natamani - Eunice Njeri
- Murata Wa Ngai - Samidoh
- NADEKA - Guardian Angel
- Yule Yule - Alice Kimanzi
- Mimina Neema - Kwaya Ya Mtakatifu Kizito Makuburi
- Bado Nasimama - Kambua